Saturday, March 14, 2009

My new addiction

I know its been forever since my last blog. Yes Ella is better, Lauren has been to the Dr. since then with an earache as well. Our family is really ready for SPRING! So the reason for my lack of Blogging..........The Twilight Series.

Its all started a few week ago I was in Columbus visiting with Laurie. She was asking if I had ever heard of the book Twilight. Of course I don't seem to be aware of whats going on in the world outside of children, school, ballet, work and preparing for kindergarten screening. "No". I told her, "Well everyone is reading it, its like the biggest thing in pop culture". She is always making sure I am well rounded as I can be. Anyway back to my addiction.... She may have well handed me a illegal substance. I took the book, it sat in my car for about a week and finally I thought I may give it a try. (remember I haven't read a novel in at least 6 years, I know its a little embarrassing) OH MY GOODNESS! I could not put it down! read it in two days, every time I had 15 min free my face was buried in the pages flipping them one after the other. The first night I read till 1:30 AM. Needless to say it's a little like a drug, I was so easily addicted to. I got the second book...... One day was all it took to finish. Oh and by the way 4 yea 4 books are in this whole Twilight series so guess who's going to the book store to get the 3rd. I had borrowed the first from Laurie, the second, New Moon from Bri (which thank Goodness she is a little addicted too) and she is still reading the 3rd so I have to fend for myself. Anyway, If you haven't read it maybe you should.... or maybe not...you might starts neglecting your blogs as well or may even neglect your children (I promise they had breakfast and lunch every time I read) but they were persuaded to play alone a few days you know with mommy's new little secret addiction.

SO its Saturday...I spent the morning catching up on last weeks American Idol & Greys (OMG I've never seen Derick so scruffy before I hope he snaps out of this one quick) I'm trying to get the time I lost reading back and enter into the real world again. Although, there is nothing like true love to make your heart flutter, even if its between a human and a vampire LOL

2 comments:

Laci and Matt said...

Go to Amanda's page and read her mini-van dilemma she needs help from an expert--you!

Jenny said...

Jess,
Started the books last Saturday and finished this past Saturday, I couldn't stop!! I was hooked, I also was a bad mom for a week-I think they survived. Now I can't wait for the movie New Moon out in Nov.!! How sad am I?